A PAGE FOR PARENTS
If at any time parents or guardians have questions about students or the school, please do not hesitate to contact the school at (905) 871-4610.
HINTS FOR PARENTS
- Education is a team effort between students, parents and the school. Parents can help by ensuring that students attend regularly and punctually, and be absent only when absolutely necessary.
- If a student will be absent, please call the school at (905) 871-1771 before 8:20 a.m. on the day of the absence. We have an answering machine that will pick up messages twenty-four hours a day. If this is not possible, please send a note with the student the following day indicating the reason and the length of the absence. If the student is to be excused during the school day, please send a note indicating the reason and the time the student should be excused.
- There is no doubt that a well-rested student performs better at school, so please ensure that students get an adequate amount of sleep.
- Try to limit a student’s out-of-school activities during school evenings and encourage the formation of good study habits at home. Even if a student does not have assigned homework, he or she can be reviewing work studied previously.
- If a student appears to be having a problem at school, contact us immediately.
- Use the school calendar in this agenda to learn of upcoming events.
- School dress is important. Our dress code is clearly stated in this agenda. We emphasize that school is a place of business and ask for your help in ensuring that students dress accordingly. Students may be sent home to change clothes, if necessary.
- Smoking is not permitted on school grounds.
If you have any questions or comments, please let us know.